Klepon Gula Bali (glutinous Rice Balls Stuffed With
Cara membuat Klepon Gula Bali (Glutinous Rice Balls stuffed with melted coconut sugar and coated with salty coconut), resep
- Steam the coconut until its cooked for approximately 15-20 Minutes. While steaming, let's make the glutenous rice balls.
- Pour both flours into a big bowl, drop the pandan essence, and pour the water little by little while mixing the dough with your hand. In the end you want the dough to be not sticky and have the consistency like playdoh (only a little softer).
- Take some of the dough, make it like a little ball (just like the size of those ferrero roche chocolates). Push the dough so it has some space in the middle and put the coconut sugar inside with a teaspoon. This is crucial that you not doing it with your hand cause your hand temperature will melted the sugar straight away.
- Once you put the sugar in the middle, seal and roll it back into ball shape with the palms of your hands.
- Place the balls on the plate covered in cling wrap, this is to prevent the balls sticking to the plate. Repeat the process until the dough mixed is finish.
- Now check your steamer, the coconut should be cooked (taste and if its soft it is ready). Place in plate and sprinkle the salt evenly.
- Prepare a pot half filled with water and bring it to boil. Once boiled, drop the balls into the pot and you will know it is ready when the balls start floating to the water surface. Take out the balls using spoon or strainer (carefully) and roll these balls in the coconut.
- I sometimes dribble a little of the melted coconut sugar on top of the plate of these klepon just cause I love the coconut sugar flavor (and it just looks prettier), but this is optional. Best served with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Enjoy!
Bahan-bahan dalam resep Klepon Gula Bali (Glutinous Rice Balls stuffed with melted coconut sugar and coated with salty coconut) diatas adalah sebagai berikut
- 50 gram rice flour
- 7 Tbsp of coconut sugar/ palm sugar - shredded but not too fine
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 200 gram glutenous rice flour
- 2 drop of Pandan Essence - You can find this from asian shops
- 100 gram of grated coconut - I used the frozen package one, because it is hard to find in Canberra
- 1/2 tspoon of salt
Waktu : 60 menit
Porsi : 4 Orang
Resep Klepon Gula Bali (Glutinous Rice Balls stuffed with melted coconut sugar and coated with salty coconut) I am not a big fan of dessert, but this one is an exception as it reminds me of home. Also, klepon has that great balance of sweetness and saltiness to it, so its not a typical sugary dessert.