Ayam Taliwang (taliwang Chicken)
Cara membuat Ayam Taliwang (Taliwang Chicken), resep
- Clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces. Pour the lime juice all over the chicken and sprinkle some salt. Put aside in the fridge while we are preparing the spices.
- Mixed all the spices together in the food processor until finely blended.
- Heat the oil up in the pan and fry the spices until it is aromatic. Once the oil is separating from the spices, pour the chicken into the pan and turn the heat to low.
- After cooking for about 20 Minutes, pour the coconut milk and make sure to stir it evenly every 5 minutes to prevent the spices sticking to the pan.
- The chicken should be cooked after 50 minutes in total. Do not forget to do the final tasting and seasoning.
- Once the chicken is cooked, heat up your grilling pan or grill oven and put the chicken in there for like 5 to 10 minutes to get that charcoal texture and aroma.
- This dish is best served with warm rice, plecing kangkung (recipe is coming). Enjoy!
Bahan-bahan dalam resep Ayam Taliwang (Taliwang Chicken) diatas adalah sebagai berikut
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 5 clove Garlic
- 1 3/4 teaspoon of lime juice
- 10 clove Shallots
- 2 piece Tomatoes
- 1 whole Chicken (I prefer free range)
- 5 cm lesser galangal (KENCUR) - I could not find the fresh one in Canberra, therefore I used the powder version. This can be found in the Indonesian Groceries Shops
- Spices Blended:
- 5 piece Big Red Chilies
- 7 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 3 teaspoon of palm sugar
- 4 piece Bird Eye Chilies
- 1 teaspoon of good quality shrimp paste
Waktu : 120 menit
Porsi : 4 Orang
Resep Ayam Taliwang (Taliwang Chicken) This is one of my favorite chicken dish!